- Candidates must be between the ages of 8 (by December 31st) and 16;
- Children age seven may audition, if they have music experience (piano or other instrument) and if they are mature enough to handle the hour and a half rehearsal.
- Male candidates must have unchanged voices;
- No prior musical training is necessary; although some music knowledge is necessary (understanding note values, etc.)
- Candidates must be able to read (words).
- Candidates will match their voices to pitches played on a piano;
- Candidates should be prepared to sing “Amazing Grace”;
- Placement will be determined on the basis of singing skills and maturity level.
The audition is simple, informal and painless, taking about ten minutes to complete. Candidates should be mentally prepared to sing and not be in need of prodding.
The Audition Process
- Candidate completes the online Application.
- RCC will contact you via e-mail or phone to schedule an audition date and time.
- Candidate completes the audition.
- Candidate receives a letter with audition results within one week.
Tuition and Fees
RCC is a tuition-based program; however, no child will be excluded from participation solely for financial reasons.
The monthly tuition based on a nine-month season (September-May) is:
RCC: $60.00 for one child; $30.00 for each additional sibling.
Rivulets: $20.00 per child
RCC Music fee: $20.00
Rehearsal Dress: white polo shirt with RCC logo, Khaki pants/skirt (from Lands End)
Concert Dress: Official RCC Concert Dress (from Lands End)