- RCC candidates must be between the ages of 8 (by December 31st) and 16; Rivulets, ages 6-7;
- Children age seven may audition for RCC, if they can read and if they are mature enough to handle the ninety-minute rehearsal;
- Male candidates must have unchanged voices;
- No prior musical training is necessary; although some music knowledge is helpful (note values, etc.);
- Candidates must be able to read (words);
- Candidates will match their voices to pitches played on a piano;
- Candidates should be prepared to sing the first stanza of “Amazing Grace” from memory;
- Placement will be determined on the basis of the candidate’s singing ability and maturity level.
The Audition Process
The audition is simple, informal and painless, taking about ten minutes to complete. Candidates should be mentally prepared to sing and not be in need of prodding.
- Candidate completes the online Application.
- RCC will contact you via e-mail or phone to schedule an audition date and time.
- Candidate completes the audition.
- Candidate receives a letter with audition results within one week.
Tuition and Fees
RCC is a tuition-based program; however, no child will be excluded from participation for financial reasons; however, even those with financial difficulty need to pay something (to be determined, based on need).
The monthly tuition is based on a nine-month season (September-May) and is:
RCC: $60.00 for one child; $30.00 for each additional sibling.
Rivulets: $20.00 per child
RCC Music fee: $20.00 (No music fee for Rivulets)
Rehearsal Dress: white polo shirt with RCC logo, khaki skirt for girls and khaki pants for boys (from Lands End)
Concert Dress: Official RCC Concert Dress (from Lands End)
Rehearsal Times: M/Th 4:00–5:30