- RCC candidates must be between the ages of 8 (by December 31st) and 16; Rivulets, ages 6-7;
- Children age seven may audition for RCC, if they can read and if they are mature enough to handle the ninety-minute rehearsal;
- Male candidates must have unchanged voices; however boys with changed voices may audition to sing with RCC. See information below.
- No prior musical training is necessary; although some music knowledge is helpful (note values, etc.);
- Candidates must be able to read words;
- Candidates should be able to match their voices to pitches played on a piano;
- Candidates should be prepared to sing the first stanza of “Amazing Grace” from memory;
- Placement will be determined on the basis of the candidate’s singing ability and maturity level.
The Audition Process
The audition is simple, informal and painless, taking about ten minutes to complete. Candidates should be mentally prepared to sing and not be in need of prodding.
- Candidate completes the online Application.
- RCC will contact you via e-mail or phone to schedule an audition date and time.
- Candidate completes the audition.
- Candidate receives a letter with audition results within one week.
Tuition and Fees
RCC is a tuition-based program.
The monthly tuition is based on a nine-month season (September-May) and is:
RCC: $60.00 for one child; $30.00 for each additional sibling.
Rivulets: $20.00 per child
RCC Music fee: $20.00 (No music fee for Rivulets)
Rehearsal Dress: white polo shirt with RCC logo, khaki skirt for girls and khaki pants for boys (from Lands End)
Concert Dress: Official RCC Concert Dress (from Lands End)
Rehearsal Times: M/Th 4:00–5:30
Apply online today to audition
Boys with changing or changed voices
Boys whose voices are deepening may still audition to sing with RCC. Although RCC is a treble voice choir, the use of lower voices adds texture and variety to the soaring sound of the traditional children’s choir. Also, this gives opportunity for boys to keep singing, rather than dropping out, just because their voices change. Boys with lower voices would be included on many concert pieces, but they would not sing on every piece; therefore, these boys will meet with RCC to rehearse only on Mondays. The monthly tuition is reduced by 50%.